Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Jan 30th and Feb 4th class

Things NOT to do in my next interview, that I've learned so far in CSR 309:
  • come in with a giant, singing coffee stain on my shirt
  • wear anything that will help my potentially male interviewer imagine me without my clothes on
  • make vague statements about what I've learned, what I'm going to do, and what I've accomplished
  • wear a big grey mouse costume and pummel my interviewer
  • pretend that I have skills that I don't (i.e. singing well)
  • make statements that I am (insert skill/quality that obviously won't help my employer)
Things to do in my next interview:
  • treat myself like a brand, sell myself to the employer
  • talk up my accomplishments that fit well with the company's value
  • dress professionally, no low cut tops, no high hems
  • have an accurate view of myself, pay attention to what people think of me
  • have a great handshake
I really love this article (hopefully it appears below) about thank you notes, it gives more information that I ever thought I needed for the thank you note reply. I love writing handwritten thank you notes to my contacts, I also think it gives a personal touch and is much better than an email reply in my book. 




No comments: