SO 50 points in the hole is where I'm at and I think I should be reading the leadership challenges book.
I saw the book at borders and wondered if anyone else even looked at the book that was not in the CSR 309 or 390 class. Who reads this kind of book unless they're "required" to. I wonder how much money the publishing company made off this book.
I wish I could write a "self help"/"betterment of yourself" book. I think I'd make a lot of money.
Probably not actually.
I actually read (flipped around and read parts until i recognized every part of the book) this book called "the 48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene, he has also written another book like "The Art of Seduction" which looks like fun, but seems a little stalkerish to buy.
The 48 laws is a great book if you like history, or are power hungry, or are bored. It actually teaches you important maneuvers in the business world, and who has used them (important figures in history all over the world) and if they failed or succeeded.
I have to admit that I really only like reading the stories about the old war heroes, or emperors, or tricksters worth historical mention. It's fun to read about their experiences using the laws.
I have to think how similar the book I've read is to the leadership book, honestly, I haven't opened the aforementioned so I really don't know how similar it is. But you have to think that they're under the same umbrella book sign in Borders or Barnes and Noble.
So I guess the answer to my question is yes.
I am the type of person who would buy this kind of book NOT for class.
What does that make me?
A sucker? or a better person?
No comments:
Post a Comment